9.21.2009

What's in a name?


Everyone has been asking us how we came up with the name 'Harper' so I thought I'd make a little blog about it. The first time we heard the name was while we were watching the movie 'Things We Lost in The Fire.' The little girl in the movie is named Harper and it grew on us as the movie went on. I was about 2 months pregnant at the time and we pretty much decided that we would name our girl Harper. Harper means "player of the harp" so maybe that will be her calling when she gets older.


It is such a pretty, classic and unique name, but it's not too weird. I was reading an article in Parents magazine a few weeks ago and Harper is predicted to be on the top 10 list of girls name in 2019. So she's already a little trend-setter ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love Haper's name! I wondered where you had heard it- I have always loved it. As my favorite book of all tiem is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam - Brooke & Harper......What a beautiful family!!! I can't believe that you are a mom as it seems like only yesterday that you were a little thing just like her. Remember to enjoy time together with Adam as well as every opportunity you have with Harper. Time flies by so fast. Love to you all. Mike and Stacey Johnson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...