9.15.2009

Labor continued...

This blog is a continuation of my labor story....

After laboring all morning and afternoon, my dr. checked me again around 8:00 pm and I was now 7 - 8 cm dilated and her head still hadn't dropped. The dr. said he wanted to let me labor for another hour or so and then he'd check me again to see if her head had dropped into the pelvis. If it hadn't, the plan was to possibly start me on pitocin to make my contractions stronger in hopes of bringing her down. He came back around 9:30 and I was 9 1/2 cm and her head still hadn't dropped. I was having intense contractions so he didn't think pitocin would help any at this point. I started pushing during my contractions in hopes of dilating the last 1/2 cm and to bring her down. After about 45 minutes of pushing, I made no progress at all. He could feel her head swelling to try to fit through my pelvis, but it wasn't budging at all. He gave me the option of pushing some more or to have a c-section. After weighing the options, we chose to have the c-section because it was the safest for her. Even if I would've chose to push - I probably would've ended up having a c-section anyways. The reason her head wouldn't drop is because she was 'sunny side up' which makes it more difficult for her head to mold and fit through the pelvis.

I wish I didn't have to have a c-section - but we are both healthy and recovering well, so I can't complain too much! She is perfect! She and daddy are taking a nap in the recliner right now and I think I'm gonna try to catch a nap too. Grandma Dawn had a mini photo-shoot with Harper this afternoon so I'll post those pictures later. Blogging is at the bottom of my list now! But I'll try to keep it up or I think I may have some upset family members ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...