9.11.2009

It's Baby Time

OMG! I'm sitting here in the hospital right now blogging - I'm pretty pathetic huh?! So here's the story so far: Woke up at 5:30 this morning to go to the bathroom - thought my water broke - called the hospital to see if I should come in just in case it was the real deal. They hooked me up to the monitors, YEP - I was having contractions and my water had indeed broke! The dr. checked me around 9:45 am and I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. The contractions were coming stronger and stronger - VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! The dr. came back around 1:45 to check me again - 90% effaced and 4-5 cm - gave me the go ahead to get some pain meds!!! I originally wanted to try to have a natural childbirth - but I couldn't take the pain anymore - I gave in. Got the epidural and now life is GOOD! Gonna try to take a nap. I'm still contracting well - baby looks good - blood pressure is good - just waiting! The dr. is coming back to check me at 6 pm - pretty sure we're having a baby later tonite! A baby on 9/11 - how special! Just gotta get the baby's head through the pelvis - please pray that we have a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby! Check back tomorrow for an update! The grandmas are here keeping Adam and I company - wishing for a speedy delivery!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...