9.08.2009

38 Weeks

Another week closer! We had another Dr. appt today and got the news that our little one will be entering the world sometime next week via 'induction!' My blood pressure was back up again, even after the past two weeks of modified bed rest, it was 160/96...YIKES! It's usually right around 120/80 - so this is very abnormal for me. I've also been having mild headaches since last Friday, which is also a sign of pre-eclampsia. I am not dilated at all and am showing no signs of labor yet, and the Dr. is worried that if we wait for me to go into labor on my own it could put the baby's health at risk. Trust me - I am not looking forward to getting induced because I know how hard, long and much more painful it can be when labor is 'forced.' But at this point, whatever it takes for a health baby! The doc also informed me that I have an 'unfavorable pelvis', meaning that it is narrow - GREAT! I was never nervous for labor until I heard those words!!! Wish me luck! I think I'm doomed because my mom needed forceps for me, the vacuum for my brother, and a C-section for my other brother! Thanks a lot mom! In other news, my Group-B Strep test came back negative - Yippee! Also, the heart rate was 148-155 today - we're beginning to think it's a girl!!!

Anyways, we go back to the doctor this Friday for a non-stress test to see if the baby is ready for labor. Then we go back next Tuesday to see how my blood pressure is and to see if I've dilated on my own yet. As of now, it looks like I'll be admitted to the hospital Tuesday night to try to get labor started using Cervidil. HOPEFULLY we'll have a healthy baby sometime on Wednesday without having to have a C-Section!


38 Weeks

Adam installing the car seat base in the truck...starting to get last minute things taken care of! We're trying to figure out the safest place for an infant car seat - I've been reading that the center is the safest. Cast your vote please!

Oh yeah - I forgot to blog about our 'new' truck, so I'll just combine it with this blog. A few weeks ago we got rid of the Monte Carlo and bought a silver 2005 Dodge Ram. We got a great deal on it - only has 34,000 miles - great condition- crew cab - Hemi motor - Adam has wanted a truck for quite some time now, and the price was finally right! We've had to borrow friends' trucks to pick up stuff at Menards, haul the golf cart, haul away branches, etc. It really has came in handy and I'm glad we bought it! I think it will be great this winter for when I have to travel out of town to sub and go to class (that's a whole different blog - going back to school part-time in January - I'll blog about it when the time comes).

Adam's new baby (for now!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm still thinking boy! I supposed I can share my birthday with your little one! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...