8.31.2009

Wild Rice Soup

One clever idea that my mom came up with for my baby shower was to have everyone bring an easy/quick recipe that I could make ahead and stock in the freezer for when the baby arrives. I collected a handful of delicious recipes and I am now just trying them out. We went to the grocery store last week and bought all the ingredients needed for about 10 of the recipes. As I try them out, I will post them for you if they are blog-worthy ;) The first one I tried was a Wild Rice Soup recipe - the weather has been a bit chilly this past week and I thought it was prefect weather for some soup! This soup is so easy and yummy! (Thanks Barb!) Enjoy!

Wild Rice Soup

  • 1/2 lb bacon, cut up, fried crisp
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 pint half & half
  • 2 (4 oz) cans mushrooms w/ liquids
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 2/3 C wild rice, cooked covered in 3 C water for 45 minutes or until tender ( I used one box of Uncle Ben's wild rice)
  • 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 C water
  • 1 chicken boullion cube

Cook rice. While rice is cooking, fry bacon. Saute onions in bacon drippings until tender - drain grease. In large pan, combine bacon, onion, and remaining ingredients, including wild rice with any remaining liquid. Heath thoroughly, being careful not to scorch. Cool - put in air tight freeze container.

This makes A LOT of soup! Serve with salad and breadsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...