8.10.2009

Des Moines Getaway

This past weekend Adam and I took a mini-vacation to Des Moines to do some shopping, see a good friend, eat lots of yummy food and relax. We did lots of shopping for the baby! We came home with a trunkful of purchases from Babies R Us and Target! It was tax free weekend on clothing, so even Adam came home with a few purchases! I came home with NOTHING! I can't wait until I'm not pregnant anymore so I can start shopping for clothes again! We always try to eat at places that aren't around here whenever we go to a bigger 'city,' so we ate at Fuddruckers, PF Changs, and Hu Hot while in Des Moines! We also got some ice cream at a WONDERFUL ice cream shop called Maggie Moo's! We both liked it much better than Cold Stone! We met up with Abby on Saturday night for dinner at PF Changs - we sat and chatted with her and her boyfriend, Aaron, for a few hours. Aaron is getting deployed to Iraq in September, so of course he and Adam had lots to talk about! Even though Des Moines isn't necessarily a vacation, it was nice to get out of Clarion and spent a weekend together before the baby arrives. We're actually heading back to Des Moines this Sunday with another couple to hit up the State Fair and go to the Big N Rich concert! Yee Haw!!!!!!!

Adam and I at PF Changs (nasty pic of me - but look how big/swollen I am - GROSS)

Abby and I
Abby and Aaron

2 comments:

  1. I have really decided shopping isn't as fun when you are pregnant. I can't clothes shop! I can't believe how much your tummy has grown since I saw you two weeks ago!!! We are on vacation right now but will be back on Friday. If you go to the fair any other days let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MORE SHOPPING!!!!!!! Your going to get as bad as Ashley!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...