8.11.2009

34 Weeks


We had our 34 week doctor's appointment today and everything checked out great! I was worried that my blood pressure may be a little high due to my swelling, but it was normal. The baby is measuring right on track and it's heartbeat was in the upper 130's/lower 140's. It's got to be boy! The doctor said that if I were to go into labor at any point after today that he wouldn't stop the labor and that the baby would be healthy! But I'm not getting my hopes up - I'm thinking that I'll go over my due date. I guess only time will tell. I'm still feeling good when my legs/feet are swollen to the size of an elephants! Here's what's going on with the baby this week:

Your amazing baby is on the move! They’ve been riding fairly high in your stretched-out womb till now (while kindly compressing your poor internal organs), but now they’re planning on making the big move to your pelvis this week. If you haven’t noticed it already, you’ll be feeling the weight shift that signals that your baby is most likely out of breech position, with their head now resting on your pubic bone. In liver news: although not quite fully formed, your little miracle’s liver is now capable of processing a certain amount of waste. In general, most of your child’s prenatal physical development is pretty much up to snuff and ready for the outside world. Naturally, further weight gain is expected—so you’re still not at maximum capacity despite probably feeling like you definitely are maxed out.

1 comment:

  1. OMG you have really popped...I have enjoyed following your blog. Can't wait to see baby pics !!!

    Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...