8.26.2009

Ultrasound Update

We had an ultrasound done today to see how the baby is doing; several tests and measurements were done and the baby scored an A+! The baby had enough amniotic fluid, was moving around well, and all the organs looked good. A major test that the baby passed was that it was already breathing in amniotic fluid, which is a sign that the lungs are developed and ready for the outside world! This was very important because if for some reason I have/do develop pre-eclampsia and need to deliver early, the baby will be able to breath on his/her own! The baby weighed in at 6 pounds 5 ounces and had a heart rate of 147 beats/minute! I wasn't able to get my urine results back today, but will get them tomorrow morning. The results will give us a more accurate delivery date, as well if I'm leaking protein, which is a symptom of pre-eclampsia. If I have to deliver early, I feel much better now after today's ultrasound! If the results come back normal, we'll have to play the waiting game - which could become very long and boring since I can't work anymore. I'll make a new blog tomorrow with my test results. Here are a few 3-D pictures of the baby: DEFINITELY GROWING!!!

Look at my precious face!

CHUBBY CHEEKS!

I'm mad about something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...