8.27.2009

Test Results

I just received a call from my nurse with the results from my 24-hr urine collection analysis. I am in fact leaking some protein in my urine, which explains the swelling and elevated blood pressure. The magic number to stay under is 300, and my levels are at 177, which is nothing to be too concerned about, but will need to be monitored. Luckily, my doctor visits are weekly now so they can keep a close eye on this! I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and will have my blood pressure re-checked, and possibly have to do another urine collection to make sure the protein level hasn't risen. I've never realized how much of a privilege it is to pee freely into a toilet - I am NOT looking forward to collecting my urine again - it is a ROYAL PAIN! The grossest part is that you need to keep it refrigerated! Let me tell you, it's not very appetizing to open your fridge and see a jug of urine chillin in there!

Anyways, unless my protein levels rise, they want me to get to 39 weeks before I deliver the baby - only 2 1/2 more weeks! This little scare that we had yesterday really made Adam and I start final preparations for the baby: we started cleaning, organizing, packing, etc. It was a nice reality check for us! Well, I'm off to put my feet up! :) What a great medical order to follow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...