3.04.2009

Too Many Questions

"Congratulations Mrs. Brooke"

Reactions. You can tell how a person feels by watching their facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice. We were most excited to see our families reactions to our baby news, but I was also excited to see how my students in Connections (the after school program) would react. As you can see by the picture, they are so excited! The director of Connections got everyone's attention one day during snack and had me announce my news. The kids all clapped and cheered, but were also in shock. I don't think a lot of the littler ones understood, because they kept touching my stomach and saying "theres no baby in there." It was so cute!
Now EVERY day at work, I get asked "Is it a boy or girl?" "What do you want it to be?" What are you going to name it?" "When is the baby going to be here?" "Will you bring the baby to connections so I can hold it?" "Can I babysit it?" "When are you going to get a big belly?" The kids will ask me these questions every day, and I tell them the same answers every day!
I teach the 4th-8th graders, and they are surprisingly excited too. They've been asking me since DAY ONE of Connections when I was going to have a baby and I've always told them that I hope to have a baby belly by the last day of school, so they were at least expecting the news at some point. The girls in my class have been great, making me posters and cards, asking me how I feel, offering me some pretty off the wall baby names :) , and supposedly saving their money to buy the baby something when it gets here. The boys will ask me questions every once in awhile, but I don't think it's really "cool" for them to be excited about babies. I truly am looking forward to bringing the baby back to Connections next year to let the kids meet "it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...