2.25.2009

Day 1 of Remodel

My parents came down last Thursday to begin the remodeling our kitchen and adding a 1/2 bathroom to our downstairs. Everything went great! I am so thankful that my dad is handy - he is saving us A LOT of money! My dad framed up the bathroom and knocked out a partial wall to open up our kitchen and living room. Adam and I spent about 6 hours in Menards last weekend ordering new countertops, kitchen and bathroom floor, paint and bathroom fixtures. We also purchased new bar stools and a kitchen table. Now we're just waiting on the plumber. We need him to rough in the plumbing, so my dad can install the bathroom fixtures, floor, and hang the drywall. We're also waiting on our hardwood floor and countertops, which should be here in a few weeks. A few nights ago we applied our first coat of paint, and will finish painting this weekend. Here's a few pictures of the progress:

The aftermath

We will be putting a coutertop along the cutout along with 3 bar stools

Helping with the bathroom wall

My dad framing up the 1/2 bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...