2.08.2009

Lonely Weekend

It was another lonely weekend as Adam was at the National Guard again. It's crazy how fast four weeks goes by, it seems like he's ALWAYS at guard. Oh well, I'd rather have him be gone one weekend a month than to get called up to go to Iraq! I guess there is some good news about him going to guard - he transferred to the Albert Lea unit this month, which saves him a lot of time and gas! He used to drive to Owatonna, but in December the entire unit got transferred to Rochester, and that was just too far for him to be driving every month.

Although I miss Adam dearly when he is gone, I kind of enjoy having a weekend to myself every once in a while. After work on Friday, I ordered in some Mexican food and watched what I wanted to watch..no one to fight over the remote with! I cleaned the kitchen on Saturday morning, watched Lifetime movies all day, and then worked at the roller rink on Saturday night. Today I am going to do some laundry and go in for a few hours at the roller rink again to help out with a birthday party. I'm also hoping to finish reading 'The Last Lecture' and start reading the first book of the Twilight Series..everyone keeps telling me that I HAVE to read the books - so I'll give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...