3.07.2013

Birthday Parties!

OK, so call me crazy, but I have already been brainstorming 1st birthday party ideas for my UNBORN child.  Yes, I'm nuts.  I love planning parties.  I like the small details, things that others probably don't even notice.  Making sure everything matches - invitations, balloons, dishes, outfit, food, etc.  I don't go all out and spend a lot of money, just enough to make sure everything ties together.

I think I make a big deal out of birthday parties because I never really had a lot of parties as a child.  My birthday is 4 days after Christmas, so Christmas and my birthday was usually a 2-for1.  My birthday always fell over Christmas break too, so I never saw my friends or got to celebrate in school.  One of my childhood friends' birthday fell in October, so there were a few years that we had a combined birthday party in November.  I can specifically remember 4 birthday parties, 1 at McDonalds, 1 at Aladdin's Castle (arcade), 1 at Roller City (roller rink), and 1 slumber party.

I want to make sure my children have awesome birthdays that they will remember for years to come.  I don't want you to get the idea that my birthday was neglected, because it wasn't.  It just wasn't made a big deal, which is okay.  My mom called my name in to the radio station every year on my birthday, I always got a gift, and we went out to eat at the place of my choice.  I was celebrated, just usually not with a birthday party.

Harper: Harper turns 4 in September and her birthday theme is pink/purple princesses.  My parents scored a ton of clearance items about 6 months ago at Dollar General so that is what we're going with.  Thank goodness Harper loves princesses!  All of the items (invitations, cups, plates, napkins, goody bags, wands, etc.) were 10 cents each!  They bought an entire bag FULL of birthday stuff for only a few dollars!  Thank you Mom & Dad!  I have already bought Harper's "birthday outfit" and have been brainstorming food ideas and other party details.  (Thanks Pinterest!)

Baby #2: Here is where by bee obsession comes into play that I was telling you about on a previous blog.  I was searching summer themed birthday party ideas on Pinterest and came across a Bumble Bee theme.  It is absolutely adorable!  (It was between bumble bee's and a watermelon theme)  I already have a pretty good idea of the invitations, food, decorations, etc. for the party.  SO, if you see any bumble bee things on clearance at the end of the spring/summer, let me know!  (I already have my eye on some stuff at Hobby Lobby!)  Unfortunately baby #2 may get the shaft after her first birthday, as I predict we will do combined birthday parties for her and her cousins/family.  June is a SUPER busy month for birthdays on both sides of the family.  It will be easier just to do combined birthdays.  (But I will be sure to make up for it when she gets older and has "friend" parties)

A look back at some parties that we've had:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...