3.22.2013

Day Shift

After 6 months of working the night shift, I am VERY HAPPY to announce that I have accepted a full-time DAY position at the hospital in Belmond!

I will begin working days at the beginning of the new schedule, which is April 21st.  Only 8 more night shifts to go!  But who's counting?!

Life has an amazing way of working itself out....it just requires a little faith and patience.  

As you know, I am current working PRN (as needed) - primarily nights, but a few days here and there.  Currently, if the hospital has a low patient census I am the first person to be "on-call" on "flexed," unless another employee is in overtime.  Because of this one of my pay checks last month only had 12 hours on it - ouch!  So I we are very happy to have guaranteed full time hours again!

In addition to having full-time hours and PTO, I can work pretty much whenever - since we have daycare during the day.  I have been working on Adam's days off - which means we rarely have a night off together.  Maybe 3 or 4 nights/month.  However, we are home together every afternoon.  

And finally, with a new baby on the way, I am so thankful that I will be able to tuck my girls into bed every.single.night!

Now if only Adam could get on days..........................some day, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...