3.25.2013

Due Date

Well, today is March 25, 2013.....our original due date for baby #2.

I have often wondered how I was going to feel when this day finally came.  

Today I feel thankful....Thankful that life has given us another chance to become parents.  Thankful that we were able to conceive without difficulties.  Thankful that this little girl growing inside me continues to remain healthy.  Thankful that Harper already loves her little sister so much!

Today I feel no sadness, but rather a sense of relief.  A relief that I have a few more months of giving Harper my undivided love and attention.  With this also comes anxiety.  I am very anxious about having to share my time and love with another child.  Will I have enough of both to go around????

If our last pregnancy would have been viable, we would actually probably have a 1-week old newborn at home right now.  (remember I have to have a c-section at 39 weeks)  And if it were twins - the babies may even be 2-4 weeks old.  We could be in the hospital with preemies right now.....

It is so crazy to think of what life could have been.  Instead, I will focus on the present - which includes loving up my only child for the next 3 months!

1 comment:

  1. You'd be amazed at how much love your heart can hold. Even for 2 children! You'll know that feeling very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...