9.19.2011

A few party pics

Once I upload pictures to facebook, I tend not to upload them to blogger because most of my blog followers are also my facebook friends - so I feel like I'm wasting my time. BUT...one of my main reasons for this blog is to document of our lives - so I guess I should write a little something about Harper's 2nd Birthday.

Well, the theme for the party was SCHOOL BUSES! Pretty creative, right?! I wanted to have a party that Harper would enjoy and right now one of her favorite things to do is watch the school buses go by our house every morning and afternoon.

I made my own pale yellow school bus invitations, with black and white polka dot accents. I also made Harper her very own school bus shirt to wear to her party. The shirt resembled the invitations.

We had 21 guests at the party - all family of course. It turned out to be a beautiful day - 85 degrees and sunny! After lunch, Harper opened up her presents. She got some great things, including: colors, markers, coloring books, chalk, Dora tricycle, Little People school bus, underwear, socks, clothes, Dora swimming doll, Dora guitar, Barney DVD, baby, money, treats, school bus picture frame, wooden puzzle cube, bubbles, school bus purse, books, Radio Flyer tricycle and a GiggleBellies DVD.


After presents we had a very special surprise planned for Harper - her very own bus ride!!! I contacted the school district's bus coordinator and asked if he would give us a quick ride around town for Harper's birthday, and he was more than happy to do so. Harper had a BLAST - she smiled the entire time - which was about 15 minutes or so. As soon as we got off the bus she said "more!" She is still talking about the bus ride.

After the bus ride we went inside for cake and ice cream. I attempted to make a school bus cake, but it didn't' turn out so hot! It's the thought that counts, right?!

We had such a great day with our family! We are so blessed to have family so close to our home. Thank you all for making Harper's 2nd birthday memorable for us all! Harper had a blast! It was a very busy day for her - she passed out during supper and didn't wake up until 8:00 the next morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...