9.28.2011

School Update

I can't believe that I've already been in school for one month so far this semester. It is definitely going by fast like I hoped. My nursing class this semester is 'Maternal and Child Health Care', and as the name implies, we are learning how to provide nursing care for pregnancy, labor/delivery, newborns, and pediatrics. I am really enjoying the class and clinicals. Today I got to see my first delivery and it was awesome!!! The past 3 weeks I have had plenty of opportunities to provide postpartum and newborn care. (and cuddle babies!)

After 4 weeks, I am still getting an 'A' in both of my classes, my nursing class and microbiology. I spend A LOT of time in class/clinicals. Last night I added up my time and I spend 26 hours in school/clinicals and another 4-5 hours driving, making 30 hours spent away from home each week. I understand that this is going to happen when I get a 'real' job, but on top of my 30 hours, I still have to do homework/study, housework, spend time with my family, work, and find time for myself every once in awhile. I am exhausted by the end of the week, but I know it will all be worth it in the end!

So now you know why I don't blog very often! But I do have a few other posts coming this week so check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...