8.10.2011

Safe and Sound

We had quite the scare yesterday...we lost Duckie!!!! We legitimately had NO idea where Duckie was for a good 3-4 hours and Harper had to take her very first nap without him. After screaming for about 5 minutes, I finally let Harper lay in bed with me just so she'd calm down and take a nap. I felt so bad for her. Duckie is Harper's very best friend - he comforts her when she feels uneasy. tired and/or sad. I honestly think Harper loves Duckie just as much as Adam or I. Duckie is the 4th member of our family. He goes EVERYWHERE with us! (I'm glad Duckie is small and can be tucked away, unlike a big blanket or stuffed animal)

To make a long story short, Adam found Duckie over on the neighbor's sidewalk. Harper had taken Duckie outside and wandered over to the neighbor's house while Adam was doing some yard work. After searching the house high and low, walking around the house a million times, scanning the entire block and even making a special trip out to the city dump (where Adam took his weeds/brush/etc), we gave up. I wanted to cry. I felt sorry for Harper because she was losing her best friend. We were also sad because we wanted to give Duckie to her when she graduates. I called my mom and told her the story and even she was sick to her stomach. That is how much Harper LOVES her Duckie! I figured the wind had blown Duckie away or some animal scurried off with it. When Adam came back to the house with Duckie and I felt like I had won the lottery!

And for those of you wondering why we don't get a 'back-up' Duckie - they don't make it anymore. Each year the company comes out with new animals. I've searched the Internet for one too. No such luck. So let's hope Duckie doesn't run away anymore. We honestly need to install a GPS in that thing!

Here are a few pictures of Harper with Duckie:

First picture with Duckie: 4 months old

11 months old

14 months old

20 months old

21 months old

22 months old


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...