8.18.2011

Bed Debate

I think it is finally time to move Harper out of her crib and into an actual bed. She has never tried to climb out of her crib but she totally despises sleeping in it. She likes to sleep anywhere but her crib: our bed, the couch, the recliner, the floor. Last night was the final straw - I put Harper to bed in her crib and she cried for a few minutes and fell asleep. She woke up 30 minutes later and wouldn't stop whining. Every time I layed her in her crib she would cry. So I finally took her to our bed and closed the door and she was out like a light - without me laying with her. I don't know if it was the comfort of laying in our bed or the fact that she wasn't in her crib, but it worked!

I think we are going to remove the crib from Harper's room and put her mattress on the floor and we'll see how that works. We will be buying her a new bed in a few weeks, but don't know if we should buy a toddler bed or a twin. Harper has almost outgrown her crib mattress, so she wouldn't be in her toddler bed for much longer. So why waste the money? I think we are going to go with a twin bed instead. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...