8.26.2011

Girls Day

Harper and I had a fun 'girls day' with each other today. It was my only day off this week, so I took full advantage of spending time with Harper. Here are a few fun things we did:
  • Walked to the library - Harper played with puzzles, pulled a few books of the shelves, and played with the gigantic horse stuffed animal, while I read the newspaper. A trip to the library wouldn't be complete without a {long} pit stop at the drinking fountain (the girls loves them!)
  • Stopped at the post office - Harper loves to mail things - she pulls down the little door, drops one piece of mail in, and then shuts the door. This process gets repeated for every piece of mail. Once all the mail is in the box, she wants "more!"
  • Ordered Chinese take out for lunch! I ordered chicken and broccoli, knowing that Harper would eat every last bite of broccoli, and she did. The kind lady at the restaurant even threw in an extra fortune cookie for Harper so we wouldn't have to share :)
  • Took a nap together in 'mommy's bed' while watching the Food Network.
  • Painted our toe nails a pretty, shimmery, deep purple
  • Smelled all 19 of mommy's Scentsy bars for 5 hours - no joke! I have a major headache! Harper enjoyed stacking them - after smelling each one first. They all "smell good" according to Harper! My new favorite, LUNA!
  • Made a trip out to mommy's work to do a few odds and ends - she got to talk to all of mommy's friends and see the fishes!
I love days like today! Just me and my baby girl! She is growing up too quickly. I start school next Thursday and know that days like today will be few and far between. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know mine is off to a great start!

1 comment:

  1. I just stocked up on pumpkin marshmallow. You'll have to try it. Its the scent of the month, and smells YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...