6.28.2011

DONE!

As of last Tuesday I am officially done with my summer class and it feels SO darn good! I was in class 15 hours a week and in clinical 16 hours, along with 5 hours of driving each week. Which makes a total of 36 hours/week spent on my class...NOT fun!

I passed with an 89%, not an A, but pretty close. I am actually content with my 89% because I need to maintain an 89% in the rest of my classes in order to have total rein over my RN clinical/preceptorship. It's kind of confusing, so let me explain.

Next summer I have to do an 120-hr clinical experience during my six week summer class (our very last nursing class). If I can get at least an 89% in my remaining 2 classes then I can choose where and with who I complete my final clinical with. If I get b/w 84% and 89% then I can choose my clinical experience for 40 of the 120 hours. Anything below 84% and I am not able to choose my clinical location and I will be monitored by an Iowa Central instructor :(

With that being said, I am on on the right track to getting to choose the site for the entire 120 hr experience. As of now, I think I would like to follow an RN in surgery or the ER. My preference would be at Wright Medical Center, which is where I currently work.

I am really looking forward to the rest of the summer. I plan on taking lots of trip to the pool, park, and library with Harper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...