6.16.2011

5 Years!



Adam and I have been married for FIVE YEARS (and a week) already! We celebrated this special milestone by going out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, The Northwestern Steakhouse. My mom took Harper to McDonald's and then to the park so we could eat our meal in peace :) It was very nice. We talked about what we hope our lives will be like in the next five years - we both agreed on another child and a different house!


As the years pass, we have realized that buying each other things is irrelevant. We're not big into gifts anymore. The best gift we can get is a 'date night.' I think it's very important for married people, especially those with small children, to go on date at least once a month. Adam did buy me a $10 hanging basket of purple flowers and I bought him a leaf blower as a anniversary/father's day gift. Aren't we exciting?!


The past five years have been some of the best years of my life. I can't wait to see what the next 5 years have waiting for us!






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 5 years! That's a major milestone! We're not big into the gifts either, we'd rather spend the money on the house or doing something together, so I totally understand what you mean!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...