6.01.2009

Summer is Here!

My summer has officially begun! The ONE awesome thing about being a teacher! As of now, I do not have a summer job YET. I applied at the country club to serve or bartend part-time, so hopefully I'll be hearing back soon. Actually I told the skating rink that I would help out with summer parties, which I've already had two parties last week. I also will be taking a few girls to the swimming pool randomly throughout the summer when the mother needs a break. Speaking of the pool, I was really hoping that I'd be able to go there today and get some sun, but it looks like it could rain. I already have my maternity swimming suit and some new sunscreen bought - I'm ready to layout - even though I'll look liked a beached whale!

Adam is excited that summer is here too. He's already acquired a sweet farmers tan from the golf course! He was in his first golf tournament of the summer last weekend and won a prize for the farthest drive! I also enjoy going to the course with him..I just ride in the cart and soak up the sun.

Not much going on around here. This past weekend I went to Des Moines to see Ashley. It was her sister's bachelorette party so we went to that and then stayed at her parents house in Norwalk. It was different not being able to drink - but we survived! On Sunday I met up with Abby for lunch in West Des Moines. On Sunday night we met Adam's family in Mason City for supper for my mother-in-laws Birthday. There was a lot of driving and eating this weekend!

Tomorrow Adam will be going to Des Moines until Thursday for a law enforcement class. The class will allow him to be an instructor on how to use mase and other hazardous materials. Adam is not looking forward to this class because he has to get mased again - not fun!

We hope everyone has a GREAT week! Can you believe that it's already June?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...