6.29.2009

New Adventures

This past weekend was full of new adventures! I traveled back home on Thursday to watch my younger brother Brett show hogs at the county fair. It was his first (and last) year showing hogs, and he did a great job. He got a few second and third places ribbons, which is great for his first year! Even though it was his first year in 4-H, Brett has decided that it is a lot of work, and would rather enjoy his summer ;) I agree with him 100%!

A new adventure that I experienced was traveling to the 'Ice Cream Capitol of the World' on Saturday! In case you don't know where that is, it's a town in western Iowa called LeMars, Blue Bunny headquarters are located here. Ashley and I went there for a wedding of a college friend. Of course we had to stop at the ice cream shop and get some ice cream while we were there! (Pictures to come soon) How could two pregnant ladies pass that up on a hot summer day?!?!

Ashley and I
Me: 27 weeks
Ashley: 19 weeks

***I MADE Ashley take this picture - she really didn't want to! But who knows if we'll ever be pregnant together again - its something special that I wanted to document!

In other news: Adam finally made it home from guard! Never again will he be gone for a 2-week training. Yay! He has been home for 48 hours and has already been golfing 3 times! Yesterday was a gorgeous day so we went golfing, grilled some steaks, and went to a movie. Life is so much better with him around!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke!

    I like the picture! I sold my ribbon for $450!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are SOOO cute!! We will take another picture of the two of you at your shower in August....:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...