6.07.2009

LAZY Weekend

Adam and I had a VERY lazy weekend...we layed on the couch and watched movies and Bridezillas all day! (Adam had a hard time pulling himself away from the TV to get ready for work - turns out he can't get enough of that show!) It was very relaxing, but BORING at the same time! I haven't worked for about a week and a half now and I'm SO bored! I've been cleaning, cooking, reading and laying out but am in desperate need for social interaction! Actually on Wednesday I'm starting a part-time job working at a local golf course. I will be serving and bartending a few days/nights a week. I'm really excited to meet new people and get out of the house a few days a week. I will be getting trained this Wednesday, Friday and Saturday - wish me luck!
Back to the weekend happenings - Adam had Friday off so we went golfing all afternoon - it was beautiful and I got a little sun burnt. Later that night we met two other couples and went out supper. After supper we went back to one of the couples' house and sat on the patio and enjoyed some drinks. (Adam is really taking advantage of having a DD!) Both of the guys are also police officers, one for the city of Eagle Grove and the other works with Adam on the Sheriff's Department. It's very rare that they all have a weekend off, so we took advantage of the night. But the main reason that we all got together is because the Eagle Grove officer is getting deployed next week. He serves with a National Guard Military Police unit and will be going to Iraq. So we thought we'd hang out with him before he leaves, as he won't be back until next year. Please remember to keep the soldiers in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...