6.21.2009

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day!
This blog is dedicated to the three Father's in my life: my dad, my father-in-law, and Adam - my soon-to-be daddy! All three are AMAZING and I couldn't ask for three better guys!
Let's start with Adam: Adam is VERY excited to become a dad! Everyday he talks to the baby and kisses him/her. He's getting very impatient and wants the baby to be here NOW! I know he will be a GREAT dad and I can't wait to see him interact with the baby and take on the responsibilities of fatherhood. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye and it will make our relationship grow even stronger.
Next on the list is my dad, Troy. I know everyone says that they have the best dad in the world, but that's impossible, because I do! What I love most about my dad is that he has a sense of humor, a heart of gold, and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. My favorite childhood memory of him is when he'd tell me the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Growing up he was always strict, but wanted what was best for me, and now I realize that. He infamous quote to me was, "If you know it's wrong, DON'T do it!" I always hated hearing that, but I have found myself saying that to some of my students. Even though I got in trouble a lot, he always gave in ;) What can I say, I'm a daddy's girl! A few more recent memories I have of my dad are when he walked me down the aisle and helped remodel our house. Thanks for everything dad, I love you!



And last, but certainly not least, is my father-in-law, Gary. Once again, I truly believe that I have the best father-in-law that a girl could ask for! Gary welcomed me into the family right away and always makes me feel loved, just like one of his own. Gary is a lot like my own dad, he's funny, has a huge heart, and his kids are his number one priority in life! During Adam's time in the military, we became very close and share a special bond. One of my favorite memories with Gary is our trip to Georgia for Adam's boot camp graduation. Thanks for letting me be a part of the family..I love you!

1 comment:

  1. It is so sweet the way daddies-to-be act, but you just wait until your baby is actually born. When the doctors handed Carson to Matt...it was amazing. And when they nap together, and play together. There will be sooo many moments that will just take your breath away and bring tears to your eyes. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...