6.23.2009

Second Trimester: Check!

It's official - I'm in my third trimester of this pregnancy! I absolutely cannot believe it! Only about 90 more days to go...90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow - a mix of emotions overcome me just thinking about it- anxiety, nervousness, happiness, excitement, worry! Let's just hope everything continues to progress smoothly and the baby doesn't want to celebrate his/her birthday early. It has been so hot the past few days that I can say I literary have a 'bun in the oven!' Our air hasn't been working very well so I had someone come take a look at it today. I think it got cleaned out and he tripped the breaker or something. The power went out yesterday and today, so whenever that happens I need to check the breaker or something?! Who knows - I wish Adam was here to take care of it! Only 4 more days until Adam is home! It surprisingly has gone by quite fast - I think working a few days a week definitely helps. I hope he's doing okay with the heat and the storms. He hasn't called since last Tuesday, so he must be keeping busy. Speaking of keeping busy, here's what the baby is up to this week:

Your not-so-tiny-anymore brilliant baby(about 2 pounds and 14.5 inches long!) is slowly rotating in preparation to “head out.” Obviously, this doesn’t happen overnight, but when you start to feel an unfamiliar pressure on your cervix, you’ll know you’ve got a fully flipped baby locked and loaded for the countdown to their birthday! Even now, at the beginning of the third trimester, their little lungs are already capable of breathing air while the pulmonary vascular system can provide sufficient gas exchange and the central nervous system can generally regulate rhythmic breathing as well as their basal body temperature. For what it’s worth, at this point in a healthy pregnancy a premature child (with intensive care) could easily win on the show: “Survivor: The Early Years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...