5.20.2009

Uh-Oh

As you know, I've had a VERY easy and almost boring pregnancy, which my doctor keeps telling me that's a good thing. If it weren't for the monthly visits and hearing/seeing the baby, I probably wouldn't believe that I was even pregnant. I've had no morning sickness, fatigue, back pain, itchy skin, cravings, sensitivity to smells, thicker hair, swelling, stretch marks, moodiness...NOTHING! I guess some say that I'm one of the lucky ones, but some days I wish I actually felt pregnant. The baby started kicking about 3 weeks ago or so, which is my main pregnancy symptom. Some days I still don't look pregnant yet..last week one of my students asked if I had my baby already b/c I didn't look pregnant! Once again, some may consider me lucky b/c I'm not the size of a house.
Well, that may begin to change. I just got back from the grocery store and came home with a jar of pickles, ranch dressing and french fries...let me explain! I truly believe that craving pickles and ice cream during pregnancy is a huge stereotype - but I've always LOVED pickles - it runs in my family. My brother and I used to eat them like popcorn when we were younger - we even came up with our own concoction and sprinkled Parmesan cheese on them. My favorite kind is the Claussen kosher dill spears - I got home and immediately ate three of them before even putting them in the fridge. I also HAD to buy some crinkle cut french fries b/c I've been seeing them advertised on the Culvers commercial - they are in the oven as I'm typing this:) And as for the ranch dressing, I bought that to dip my baby carrots in - I gotta have something healthy!
I've also bought a few boxes of hot tamales this week - and of course I could drink a gallon of milk in a day- we usually go through a few gallons a week - just b/w Adam and I! This could be the beginning of a train wreck!

3 comments:

  1. Let the cravings beggin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cravings for Captain Crunch cereal or Twix candy bars yet?? You know those are in your bloodstream from when I was pregnant with you - wonder if that will surface any time soon???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink a ton of milk too! We buy 3 gallons at a time!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...