5.27.2009

23 Weeks

We had another dr. appt yesterday for a routine check up. Everything went great! The first thing the nurse said to me was "You don't even look pregnant!" I HATE hearing that because I can't wait until I look pregnant! Everyone keeps telling me to be thankful b/c the less I gain the less I have to lose, plus the less miserable I'll be this summer. I guess that's a good way to look at it! I've gained 8 lbs so far - which is right on track, if not a little less than average. The dr. said in the next 6 weeks I'll really start to grow - which is what he also told me 8 weeks ago! O
well! The dr. was able to find the heartbeat much quicker this time - as she was searching for it the baby was kicking her like crazy! The heartbeat was 144 - right on track for 23 weeks. I go back in 3 weeks to get my blood sugar tested to screen for gestational diabetes. Here's whats going on with the little one this week:

At this point you’ve pretty much adjusted to the fact you’ve got a moving little gymnast inside of you, but now they’re going to kick up the party a notch because they can hear and react to sounds from the outside world. Sounds from your alarm clock, a thunder roll, or that darned car honking at you across the intersection can actually jar their little ears enough to elicit a kick or violent bout of squirming. Of course this also means that their little ears are picking up the sounds of your voice and those near you. So go ahead, sing a lullaby to your little angel—if they start kicking, it’s likely they just want you to stop… or maybe it was a kick of approval? You decide. Your baby's tiny taste buds are still growing and their bones are continuing to ossify (harden), their tiny veins are visible through their translucent yet wrinkly skin. (Think of it this way: they’ve been swimming in the equivalent of a long hot bath for the past 23 weeks, so you can’t blame them for being a little prune-like.)

23 weeks - Feeling fat, not pregnant

I can't wait until the bump looks cute and ROUND

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...