5.01.2009

Ashley and Ryan

My best friend Ashley, and her husband are expecting their first child in November! I am so happy for them - they will be GREAT parents! Ryan is already off to a good start by reading 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' with Ashley. He is very in tune with the changes Ashley is going through - what a good hubby! I know he will continue support her throughout the pregnancy, which could turn into a second job! Ashley hasn't been feeling very well and finally got prescribed some nausea pills earlier this week. She feels like a million bucks now and is enjoying pregnancy! I am so excited to be able to experience pregnancy and raising a child with her. Our due dates are 8 weeks apart and I couldn't be more thrilled! We enjoy endless emails and phone conversations about being pregnant - I really wish we lived closer so our children could grow up together - but we'll just have to make play dates every couple months!

Ashley and I met our freshman year in the dorms at UNI - and we've been best friends ever since! We were roommates for two years and I would room with her for another 20 if I could! We had so much fun - hardly any fights like most roomies have. Here are just a FEW highlights of our friendship - there are A LOT more that I should not probably mention :)
  • many nights on the hill and main street - followed by delivery from Papa Johns or Jimmy Johns
  • attending the Waterloo Blackhawks hockey games
  • getting inducted into the College of Education
  • weekend trip to Milwaukee for a Twins vs Brewers game (GREAT weekend)
  • weekend trip to Minneapolis for a day of Valleyfair and night out on the town
  • graduating from UNI
  • being in each other's weddings
  • meeting up in Vegas for supper and drinks
  • experiencing our first pregnancy together
Here are a few pictures of Ashley and I - I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!

Ashley and Ryan with Adam and I - June 2006

My witness at our Justice of the Peace Ceremony - June 2006

Ashley signing our marriage license! June 2006

Ashley's going away party =( June 2007

Ash was my maid of honor - March 2008

I was a bridesmaid in her wedding - August 2008

Ash and I in Vegas - December 2008

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh how sweet. Brought a tear to my eye. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Pictures!!! I love them!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...