4.07.2009

Week 16

We successfully made it through another week! It amazes me at how fast the weeks are going by. I had some lower abdominal pain and cramping this weekend, so I called my nurse, and she said I was probably dehydrated and/or experiencing 'round ligament pain.' This is just my muscles stretching to keep up with the babies growth. She said its completely normal and many women experience it during the second trimester. Here's what's going on this week:

Your baby continues to be busy growing and developing inside of you. He's now the size of an avocado, measuring 4 1/2 inches and weighing approximately 3 ounces. His heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood every day and his bladder is emptying every 45 minutes.
His limbs are even more developed and their movements have become increasingly coordinated. He doesn't yet have any hair but the patterning of his scalp has begun.
What's in the future for your little one? A growth spurt is just around the corner! In the coming weeks he will double his weight and add inches to his frame.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Brook!! I somehow never got an update about this news through facebook!! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear our babies heart beat the next time we go! What a fun time. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...