4.27.2009

Kitchen Floor

My parents and Brett came down this past Saturday to help put in the kitchen floor. It was a VERY busy day! They pulled in our driveway around 8:30 a.m. and didn't leave until 6:30 p.m. My dad and Adam worked on the floor that entire time, and still didn't finish! While the guys were busy working, my mom, Brett and I hit up some garage sales. We found a lot of good baby stuff. I know what you're thinking - you bought stuff for your baby from a garage sale!?!?! I thought I'd never be one to do such a thing, but it really does make a lot of sense. Why pays lots of money for toys and other accessories that the baby will only use for a few months? When we got home after our two-hour splurge, we sanitized EVERYTHING before storing away. We could've done A LOT more damage if we would've know the sex of the baby - we saw LOTS of cute name brand clothing in great condition. Once again, why pay $30 for an outfit that your baby will only wear a few months, when you can get it for $3 on a rummage sale?!



A few of our purchases - a potty chair, books, night stand, books, toys

After we finished rummaging and got some lunch, my mom and I decided to put together the new kitchen table, chairs, and a bar stool. We were cruising right along - following directions - no worries!
Well, lets just say that the first two chairs that we put together are not up to par! We accidentally drilled the wrong screws into the chair - the screws were way too long and went right through the back! Whoops!!!!!!!!

This picture doesn't even come CLOSE to what it looks like in person! I laugh about it now - how dumb were we? As my dad said, "You two have common sense, but NO construction common sense!"

Adam and I both had to work on Saturday night so my parents left around 6:30. They had been working on the floor for almost 10 hours! They came close to finishing, but not quite. Adam worked on the floor today and should finish it up tomorrow.

Almost there!

Becoming quite the handyman!

Brett laying on the new floor

Looking into the new bathroom from the kitchen

New sink and mirror
The new and improved dining room

We still have to put the trim back on, paint the ceiling, paint the living room and upstairs, and then I will add the finishing touches. Check back for more pictures as we start to clean things up!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That darn chair! But it will be part of a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is looking AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin good!! We did the same screw thing to our entertainment center ... whoops! AND, I think it's good to buy stuff from the garage sales. You probably helped a family have a night out! GO BROOKE :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am all for buying baby stuff at a garage sale! It's practically brand new stuff considering how long the other child really used it. Yes just make sure you sanitize the items!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...