4.14.2009

Easter Weekend

Adam and I had a wonderful weekend at home. It was so nice spending quality time with our family and friends. We headed back to Northwood on Saturday afternoon and stayed through Monday. As soon as we got into town, Adam and his dad, brother, and good friend Bradley went golfing. While the boys were golfing, me and Brett helped my grandma make lefse. I got a lefse grill for Christmas, but have yet to attempt it on my own. Hopefully I'll get around to it sometime this summer when I have a few days to experiment. Making lefse is a family tradition that I hope to conquer. My great-grandmother always made it for the holidays, now my grandma makes it. There is no one else in my family that makes it besides her, so I would like to be able to keep the tradition going.

Getting everything floured up!

Rolling out the dough

Brett even helped out!
On Sunday we went to church with our parents. The guys had a little too much fun on Saturday night, so we were running a bit late. Nothing like having to walk down the center aisle in front of hundreds of people while the pastor has already started the service! Whoops! After church, we went to Adam's house for an Easter egg hunt and dinner. My grandma was also having Easter dinner, so we had to leave right away to spend time with my family. Needless to say, we ate WAY too much on Sunday.
The Easter Bunny left a basket for us at my parents house!
On Monday, we went shopping in Rochester. I wanted to look for some tax-free maternity clothes! I got a few pair of capris and a pair of shorts. Most maternity clothes are still a little too big on me - but my clothes are too tight! I HATE it! We ate lunch at the Olive Garden and hit up Cold Stone before we left town! :) We also shopped around Babies'R'Us - awesome store! We are definitely registering there - and probably Target too. But we won't worry about that until later this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke!

    LOVE the pictures! HA! HA! Bye!

    Love,
    Brett

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...