4.10.2009

Day of Shopping

Since I had today off, I decided to go shopping just for something to do. I rarely ever go shopping just for me, so it was a well deserved trip. I was very successful at checking 'stuff' off my list - maybe a little too successful ;) I am right in between regular clothes and maternity clothes and I HATE it! I look like I have a beer belly in my regular shirts, but I'm not quite ready for maternity shirts. Well, sooner than later I am going to need bigger clothes, so I picked up a few shirts today at Kohls. They are very cute and make me look pregnant, not fat. It's exciting but I look WAY more pregnant that I really am. (I'm wearing one of the shirts on Easter - so you'll see a pic on the next blog)
I was in baby mode today and bought the book 'Belly Laughs' by Jenny McCarthy - everyone says its a must read! While I was at the book store, I came upon a little board book called 'I Already Knew I Loved You' by Billy Crystal. I opened it up, read the first line, and tears were streaming down my face! As I continued reading the book, I could hardly make out the words because I was crying so much. The book was written for the baby and narrated by the grandpa. It was an emotional moment for me, probably just the hormones kicking in.
My last purchase of the day was not for me, but for the BABY! Younkers was having a sale on their sleepers, so I just HAD to buy one. It is so hard to find cute neutral clothing, so when I saw the yellow one with duckies, I had to buy it up. This was my first baby clothing purchase - I think I might have started a bad trend! Actually I don't plan on buying a lot of clothing until the baby gets here and we know whether to buy pink or blue. Babies grow so fast and I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I don't 'love'. Neutral stuff is fine while they're a newborn, but I'd prefer the baby to wear cuter stuff as it gets older.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Carson had this outfit too! And I should've given you my copy of Belly Laughs, I ended up with two.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...