9.28.2012

Job Update


Just a quick update to let you all know how my new job is going....

So far I'm loving it.  I love my co-workers, the new facility, and of course the patient care.

I work 3 12-hr shifts/week, which I also love.  It is so nice being home majority of the week.  I only have 2 weeks left of orientation until I'm officially "on my own."  Although I've been taking my own patients for the past few weeks.  

I love not having to report to anyone, i.e. nursing instructor.  It is nice not having to ask another nurse to get a medication out for me, or have them watch me hang/give IV medications.  I really enjoy the autonomy of being a nurse.  

AND - I got my first paycheck yesterday.  I know this may sound crazy, but I am so excited to start paying more bills.  Adam has payed for 90% of our bills while I was in nursing school, which I feel horrible about.  I am happy that I can start contributing more to our family, and I know Adam is excited too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...