5.25.2011

Warning!

I am warning you all now that my blogs may be few and far in between. My summer class takes up a lot of my time. And when I'm not working on school work, I try to make the most of my time with Adam and Harper. I promise when June 21st roles around I will be a better blogger.

School: I feel like I spend a lot of time doing homework and studying. But I've gotten A's on my two tests so far, so I guess it's worth it. I have enjoyed my clinical experiences for this class. So far I've worked with patients in a detox unit (alcohol and drugs) and at an inpatient group rehab center. It's amazing to see all of the different types of people suffering with addiction. You would NEVER guess that some people are suffering; they have stable/honorable jobs, nice family, good income, etc., yet they are in intense rehab. This had definitely made me think twice about stereotyping people.

Harper: Sugar and Spice. She is either super sweet or super crabby! She is talking like crazy. Her favorite thing to do is listen to nursery rhymes/songs on YouTube. We can't even be on the computer now if she's awake because she'll whine 'bus' until we play a song. (Her fav is 'Wheels on the Bus.') Speaking of buses, Harper got to go on her first school bus a few days ago. We were outside the other day when all of the buses pulled up to the school at 3:30; Harper wanted to go on one. So I took her on one of the buses before the kids got on and she just smiled the whole time. She did NOT want to get off. But we managed to walk along the sidewalk and wave at every bus.....she even got one bus to honk at her! I'm thinking that we're going to have to avoid going outside at 3:30 from now on. Good thing school gets out soon.

Adam: Nothing new to report on Adam. I think he's hoping we can go golfing sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...