5.04.2011

Moving On...

Today I finished my first year of nursing school! I can't believe that I only have one year left; time is flying by! I have one week off before I begin my 6-week summer course, which is 'Mental Health.' I hear this class is quite challenging because it is considered a second year course and everything is condensed down into 6 weeks. I will have clinical on Mondays and Tuesdays and class Wednesday - Friday. I am not looking forward to clinical because they will be in Ames and Fort Dodge - that will make for long days and high gas bills. As you could guess, we will be working with patients with mental illnesses at the hospital in Ames, and then will work with substance abuse patients in Fort Dodge. We also get to help out with the Special Olympics in Grimes! June 22nd can't come fast enough; I am looking forward to spending some quality time with Adam and Harper - going to the park, grilling out, trips to the pool, going on walks, etc.

In Harper News:


  • Harper has been my shadow this week; I've taken her on lots of little 'adventures.' I took her to the library for her first time and she loved it! Which doesn't surprise me since she loves reading books. We played with the puppets, puzzles and read a handful of books. She even had her own little rocking chair to sit it. We definitely will be making a trip to the library every week. Harper also joined me when I had errands to run yesterday, so she go to visit Iowa Central, get groceries at Hy-Vee (and sit in the firetruck cart), and have lunch at McDonalds.

  • Harper has started repeating things we say. She even repeats things she hears on TV, i.e - repeating letters that the contestants call on Wheel of Fortune. She is learning new words everyday - it is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...