3.18.2011

Catch Up

I realized that I've forgotten been to lazy to blog about some important events in our lives. This blog may be random and lengthy; I apologize now.

Celebrations:

Today is my father-in-laws birthday! Happy Birthday Grandpa Gary! We all love you very much! We're happy we got to celebrate with you last night.

This one is WAY over due - Happy BELATED ( x 1000) to Adam! He celebrated his birthday back at the end of January (whoops!) Adam had to work and I traveled to Des Moines for a girls night out with some college friends. Thank you June, for watching Harper!

On Tuesday Adam and I 'celebrated' our 3 year anniversary of renewing our vows. We don't really consider this a celebration - we celebrate the day we were legally married by the Justice of the Peace - which is coming up in June - FIVE years baby! However, March 15th was still a special day for us - it was a great way to celebrate and honor our vows since we weren't able to have a traditional wedding before Adam deployed to Iraq.

Harper

Well, Harper is sick again :( We took her to the doctor today for exhibiting symptoms of a low-grade fever, rapid and heavy breathing, harsh cough, and a rattling/wheezing sound in her chest. The doctor informed us that she has an ear infection in her right ear and probably has RSV or bronchitis. (A child in the nursery at Harper's daycare got diagnosed with RSV last week) The doctor didn't draw her blood or anything to do an official test to differentiate because he would treat both infections the same anyways. So why put her through torture?

Anyways, she is now on an antibiotic for her ear infection. And she is also to complete four nebulizer treatments every day until her lungs clear up. She is not a fan of the neb treatments - it's too hard for her to sit still for 5 minutes. I'm not sure how effective the nebulizer is at this point, but it sure is better than nothing. We're also giving her ibuprofen to help with her pain and fever, and we have a humidifier in her bedroom.

Please keep Harper in your thoughts and prayers and pray for a speedy and healthy recovery.

I was supposed to go to Iowa City tomorrow night for a bachelorette party. My MIL was going to watch Harper b/c Adam has to work. However, I don't want to leave her. I know she'd be fine - but I guess it's just be being a first-time mom that has me worried.

My spring break FLEW by - I am not looking forward to going back to school on Monday. I think we only have 6 weeks of class left! Yipee!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!

PS - tomorrow is the first day of SPRING! Yay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...