12.21.2010

Our Week

We've had a busy week. I can't believe Christmas is in FOUR days! I finally got some presents wrapped and under the tree yesterday. It just doesn't feel like Christmas yet. I think a lot of it has to do with not actually going home for Christmas this year. It feels so weird not spending Christmas Eve/Day with our families. I guess this is part of growing up and having a family of your own.

However, we are hosting the Nerlien Christmas this year because of Adam's work schedule. The Nerlien/Wahl clan will be traveling to our house on Sunday. We are having a variety of soups, breads, and Christmas goodies. I can't wait! We will be celebrating with my family on January 2nd - the day before we leave for MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also can't wait for that!

I started my training as a CNA at the hospital yesterday. Day 1 went fine - the patients were very nice. I also got to see how to set up a 'delivery table' - a baby was born while I was there- so exciting! I didn't go in the room - but was outside the room, listening. Creepy and weird - I know!

The renovation of our basement has FINALLY begun! The rest of the drywall is up, the taping and mudding has begun, and texturizing soon to follow! We've already bought the paint - it's a pretty light yellow. Hopefully we'll paint this weekend, and get the flooring installed next week! Yippe! Also, our carpet is getting cleaned on Wednesday and our new furniture is getting delivered on Thursday!

Sometimes I feel like there are not enough hours in the day. I still need to go get groceries, tan (horrible - I know, but I gotta try to get a little color before vacay), work out, AND take Harper to see Santa at the library. We'd also like to watch our new Netflix movie and cook supper. I have to work tomorrow at 7AM so I don't want to be up late. Sorry for the rambling - I just wish I had more time.

PS - Harper has been sleeping for 2 hrs and 53 min! I think it's time to wake her up! Check back later this week to see progress on the basement, our new furniture and pictures from Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...