12.02.2010

Christmas Movies

I love this time of the year because there are always heart-warming, Christmas movies on TV! Here are a few of my favorites.

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
I have ALWAYS loved this show. I'm not a fan of the movie that Jim Carey stars in. I like the classic. It was just on TV the other night so Harper and I plopped our butts in front of the TV and watched it. I remember as a kid I would study the TV guide each week and write down when it was on.

"And what happened then? Well in Whoville they say that the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches - plus two!"


2. Christmas Vacation.
No explanation needed! If you don't like this movie you are un-American!

Eddie: "You surprised to see us, Clark?"
Clark: "Oh Eddie...If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

3. Home Alone
I love 1 and 2 equally the same. How many of you tried to booby-trap your house when you were kids after seeing these movies?!
"Do you guys give up? Or are you thirsty for more?"

4. The Santa Clause
"Does this look like I've put on a little bit of weight to you?!"


5. The Polar Express
I was so excited when this became a movie because it was my favorite childhood book. Although the movie is good, the book is better. (always is!) I love the soundtrack for this movie also.

"At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."


Hope you all are enjoying the holiday movies. I've been flipping back and forth between Lifetime and ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas. I'm a kid at heart!

1 comment:

  1. Love holiday movies! Sometimes I like to watch the really cheesy movies that are on Hallmark and Lifetime this time of year! Aside from Christmas Vacation, my all time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...