6.02.2010

Fan-tastic

'Fan' is one of the words that we (I) sign to Harper. This video is proof that I am a good teacher - haha! She is so smart!

It makes me wonder how many other words she recognizes/understands. I'm pretty sure she knows these words as well:

  • outside (she looks out the window or at the door)
  • Ali/puppy (also looks outside)
  • NO! - she listens MOST of the time when you tell her 'No'
  • eat (looks in the kitchen and then proceeds to whine until you feed her)
  • book (looks for her books - she LOVES LOVES LOVES books)
  • duckie ( she grabs him - she HAS to have this to sleep - no if's, and's, or but's about it!)

I'm sure there are many more words that we are unaware of. We are absolutely loving this stage of Harper's life. She makes us laugh non-stop. She is becoming such a silly girl - she loves to laugh and make us laugh. She has even developed her own 'fake laugh.' I hate being away from her because I feel like I am going to miss something. She is learning so much right now - I can see her thinking and the light bulbs going off in her head - it's amazing! For example: Tonight Harper was staring out the window at the cars parked in front of our house - I pointed to the cars and repeated the word 'car' a few times and did the sign for it. She would look at me, then back at the car, and then make some whispering noise - haha.

In other news:

June - I didn't forget about you!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ADAM'S MOM, JUNE! WE LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY! YOU DESERVE NOTHING BUT THE BEST! SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!

Prayer Request: Please pray for my younger brother, Brett, as he is having surgery on his ear tomorrow in Iowa City. He's a brave fellow - he will do great! We love you Brett!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...