11.26.2008

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We hope you all enjoyed your day surrounded by good food, family, friends and football! We haven't actually celebrated yet because Adam is working tonite. We will be traveling to Northwood tomorrow and staying for the weekend. We will celebrate with Adam's family on Saturday and mine on Sunday. We are anxious to be home with our families to relax and catch up on life over some soul food!

The holidays truly are not the same without family. Today did not seem like Thanksgiving to us because we were alone. I did watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which made me feel a little more like I was at home. It's a tradition that I absolutely love, even though I usually miss the beginning of it because I can't get out of bed! Another Thanksgiving tradition that I look forward to every year is helping my dad make his homemade noodles. Every morning my brothers and I help him break the dough into noodles..no matter how old I get, I still love it! No noodles for me today, but I did make a ghetto-fabulous Thanksgiving meal consisting of a Jennie-O turkey roast, instant mashed potatoes, and boxed stuffing...And I made a delicious Oreo Fudge Peanut Butter Pie..it was heavenly!!! After lunch we watched about 2 plays of football and fell asleep on the couch - Thanksgiving just isn't the same without a nap!!!

We hope you all have much to be thankful for this year! We sure do - our marriage, health, home, family, friends, jobs, and our FREEDOM! We pray for all the soldiers around the world and their families. The holiday season is very lonely for military families - so be very thankful that you are able to celebrate with your family this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...