11.14.2008

82nd Deploys Again


I know that I told you in the last blog that I would next update you on our personal lives, but we've already had a change of pace. Today I would like to take the time to talk about the 82nd Airborne Division.
As you know, Adam served 4 years in the Army with the 82nd ABN, located in Fort Bragg, NC. In those 4 years, Adam's Battalion was deployed to Afghanistan for 2 months and to Iraq for a LONG 15 months. Today, they are leaving again... They will be spending 12 months somewhere in Iraq. According to Adam, this is their 5th deployment in 6 years! WOW!! They truly are heros!
I am SO thankful that Adam is no longer in the Army. I CANNOT imagine going through another deployment!!! Until you personally know what it feels like to say good-bye to a loved one going off to war, you cannot possibly understand the pain, anxiety, and sadness that comes with a deployment. There is no way to mentally prepare a soldier and his/her family for something like this.

As you are reading this right now, in the comfort of your home, surrounded by your family, hundreds of other families had to say good-bye to their child, father/mother, sister/brother. Please be thankful for what you have. Do not take each other forgranted. Cherish every moment spent together.
So, today I am asking YOU to pray for our troops overseas. Pray for their families, pray for our world leaders, and pray for peace. I have been praying for the soldiers and families of the 82nd all day..often wondering what they are doing at the very moment, what they are feeling, how much time they have left with their soldier. It takes me back to a place where I hated being....a place that is indescribable...a place where I wish upon NOBODY...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...