11.19.2008

VEGAS!!!

Adam and I are contemplating on whether or not to go to Vegas over New Years and it is such a hard decision! Do we NEED to go? No! Do we WANT to go? Yes! My best friend Ashley and her husband are going to be in Vegas over NYE for their honeymoon and "invited" us to meet up with them. I first told her no because we don't want to intrude on their honeymoon, but she insisted that she wouldn't have asked us to meet up with them if they didn't want us out there.

So after we got that awkward issue settled, Adam and I started looking around for prices. Normal prices for a round trip flight and 3 nights in Vegas is around $300. To go out over NYE is about $550 a person. So, we'd be getting ripped off because of the timing. However, I turn 25 on December 29th and Adam turns 30 on January 29th, so this trip would be our Christmas and Birthday present to each other. It's not every day that you celebrate these milestones - so we thought Vegas would be the perfect place to go!!

The next issue we are worried about is the lines, covers, etc. for shows, restaurants, and bars on New Years Eve. Because Vegas is such a party spot, we're hoping that prices and reservations won't be too ridiculous. Vegas is a big enough city that hopefully there won't be any issues. If all else fails, I guess we'll just have to get some beer and go back to our hotel room! (IF we go, we'll be staying in the same hotel as Ashley and Ryan - Stratosphere) The one show that we want to see is the Blue Man Group - tickets are still available...

We're only young once - we have no kids - Adam has 12/30 - 1/3 off, which is a MIRACLE - we have the money saved - we'll have friends out there - NYE in Vegas - need I say more =) - I think the ball is in our court!! What do you think? Should we go? Please leave a comment - I would love some input because if we're going to go - we need to book SOON!

4 comments:

  1. Brooke I have spent a lot of time in Vegas during my four years in the marines and if I were you and Adam I would go. It is something that everyone should do at some point in their lives. Take it from me Vegas is a blast and I think you should go, but going over NYE is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, considering that you would be going with me, I think you should. But thats just MY opinion...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO GO GO!!!!! All of your pros are completely valid, and trust me, you need to travel now, because once those little Brookies and little Adams start coming along, you will have NO time, not to mention even thinking about taking a vacation :-) I also hear it's not as expensive as you would think, plus meeting up with Ashley and Ryan would be fun too! You have my vote-SO GO GET YOUR TICKETS!!!!
    Love Ya Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke & Adam......You guys seriously need to GO!! If you don't you will regret it - and who knows - maybe there will be a baby soon (I hope) and then you won't get to go on vacation for a long time!! You will have a great time with Ashley and Ryan - can you imagine?!?! And if there are long lines and cover charges - who cares? You need to treat yourself and GO - have a great time - spend lots of money!! That's what you work for....of course they give money and free drinks away - so you can't go wrong!! GO GO GO!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...