4.25.2010

Tis the season

It's rummage sale season!!!! So very excited about this! My mom and Brett came down on Saturday so we could hit up Clarion's city wide garage sales ~ we got some good deals. Here's what $16 can buy you...
  • Halloween costume
  • book
  • a few toys that light up and play music
  • 3 pair of shorts
  • 2 rompers
  • 6 shirts
  • brand new headbands
  • polo shirt for Adam
  • decorative mirror
  • plastic bowls/snack containers

The mirror is probably my favorite find - I plan on painting the trim black (currently brown) and hanging it above the fire place. It was only $3!!!!! It will be my first DIY project of the summer - I'm hoping to also paint our dresser black and update the hardware. I'm sure there will be a blog to follow.

Prayer requests: My Grandma Betty (mom's mom) finds out the results from her breast biopsies on Monday afternoon. Her mother died of breast cancer. Please pray for cancer-free results!

Also, please pray for our good friend Kyle, as he left his wife and newborn son today for approximately 400 days to fight for our freedom. Kyle is currently in Georgia for some training and then he will be going to Iraq. I couldn't possibly imagine how difficult it would be to leave your children for so long, especially a newborn. Kyle is going to miss his son's first year of life. Not only will it be hard for Kyle, but his wife and son as well. Please pray that Kyle, and all other service men and women, will return home to their families safely some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...