4.22.2010

I'm a mom because...

I yell at teenagers who drive by too fast!

Today Adam and I were sitting outside trying to soak up some sun when two high schoolers came speeding down the alley across the street from us and then proceeded to speed down our drive way. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, however, there is a daycare across the street from us and the kids were outside playing at the time. I heard the babysitter yell at the first car and then I jumped out of my chair just in time to get to the alley to yell at the second car.

Adam ran inside the house and got his keys to his squad car and tracked down the two cars. He chewed both of their butts out and was STILL mad when he came home. The high school boys said that they like driving fast down alleys - how stupid! The thrill of driving fast down an alley is not worth running over a little kid! Which could have EASILY happened because the daycare kids are always riding their bikes down that alley. And someday Harper will be outside playing too.

I feel like my parents now! My parents would occasionally yell out the window at everyone speeding over the bump in front of our old house. Now I see what the big deal was!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh yes........you are becoming your mother.......to your horror!! I know some day you will understand why we did and said the things we did...and it's only just beginning! Just make sure and let me know EACH time you have a new revelation ... :) We weren't crazy or trying to embarrass you or trying to make you hate us - we just loved you and were trying to protect you and do what was best for you. The joys of being a parent!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...