11.25.2009

Auction

Another Holmes Christmas Club Auction has come and gone! If you remember the story about our first Christmas tree then you know the auction is a blast! This year my mom and her friend Robin decided to join in on the fun. It was packed again this year so we didn't get a good spot to sit. We ended up spending all of our money on drinks, beer nuts and frozen pizza instead! Last year the auction raised about $25,000 and I'm sure they did the same if not better this year. How can they make so much money in one night? A plate of peanut brittle sold for $90! There are a few retired bakers in town that only make baked goods for the auction - so people spends TONS of money on them since it's the only time of year that they are available now. People don't mind spending the money because all of the money raised goes towards a great
cause!

Here's a picture of my friend Angie, my mom, Robin and I taking a little break from pool. We started a traveling t-shirt for the pool champ - too funny - it was a great night! My mom already took vacation for next year again! Anyone who wants to join in the fun is welcome to come with us - the auction is the Monday before Thanksgiving.



Speaking of Thanksgiving, this year I was in charge of making lefse by MYSELF! I received a lefse grill last year for Christmas and finally busted it out. I have been helping my grandma make lefse for the past few years now - but I always had the easy job - grilling it. I had a heck of a time rolling out the dough - it kept sticking to the pastry cloth and/or the rolling pin. As you can see below - I need to improve my rolling out skills - lefse is supposed to be ROUND! This was my very first lefse that I made on my own!

Harper kept me company!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, faith, food and LOVE!!! I know that I have much to be thankful for this year: a caring husband, supportive family, and the CUTEST daughter in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...