8.12.2012

State Fair 2012

Adam and I ventured to the Iowa State Fair yesterday with a deputy that Adam works with and his wife.  It was a gorgeous day to walk around the fair, 80 degrees/partly sunny/slight breeze.  It sure beats the weather the last time we went! (I was 8 months pregnant and it was 100 degrees) 

Our main purpose of going to the fair was because we had tickets to see Larry the Cable Guy.  Holy cow---he was HILARIOUS!  Within the first 5 minutes of the show I was laughing so hard that I had tears streaming down my face and my abs were sore!  If you ever get the chance to see him perform, I recommend going to his show!  It was great!

I had another purpose this year at the state fair - trying one of the new food items...a deep-fried pickle dawg!  It was basically a deep fried pickle roll...Heavenly!  It is definitely worth the $3.50!

The "Pickle Dawg" - this year you had the option of getting it deep fried ;)  Which of course I had to try!

Another new food that is supposed to be awesome is a Double Bacon Corndog - a hot dog wrapped in bacon and battered with bacon infused batter...yummy!  What is your favorite fair food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...