8.25.2012

My first {real} job

The time has finally come......I have accepted my first REAL job.  By real job, I mean a FULL TIME job with benefits!  It only took 10 years of being out of high school and 6 years of college ;)

I have accepted a job at Iowa Specialty Hospital - Belmond, working nights as a registered nurse.  My hours will be 7p-7a, 3 nights/week.  This includes working every 3rd weekend and every other holiday.  It will be nice to be home 4 out of 7 nights/week.

Adam and I discussed the pros and cons of this job for a few weeks.  We understand that it is not the perfect fit for our family, but we are willing to try to make it work.  In fact, those are the exact words I told my boss. 

The plan is to work full-time for the next year.  Hopefully at the end of next summer we will be welcoming baby #2 into our family.  At that time, the plan is to work PRN after my maternity leave ends.  I would love to work PRN or part-time until both kiddos are in school, and then I could go back full-time.

Adam and I understand that the next year is going to be absolutely crazy, but we know that it is only temporary and is benefiting our family in the long run.  Besides, we have survived much more difficult circumstances during Adam's Army career!  Thank you to everyone for all of the support and encouragement to help us get to this point.  We are going to need your help and support even more in the next year.  Thank you in advance! ;)

Only 10 more days until I enter the working world.....I am so nervous and excited at the same time!  (And maybe a little sad!)  Adam, on the other hand, can't get me out the door fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...