1.12.2011

Cancun!

Wow! We had an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. time on our getaway to Cancun, Mexico! It was a MUCH needed vacation and we enjoyed every minute. {well, maybe not every minute - hang overs are no fun!}

We stayed at the Golden Parnassus - nothing fancy. The website does the resort no justice, so I was a little skeptical at first. However, after reading the reviews I knew we'd have a great time. The staff was amazing, the food was awesome, the drinks were delicious and the weather was GORGEOUS!





We spent most of our time laying on the beach all.day.long! The point of vacation is to relax...no tours or trips for us. We simply enjoyed laying on the white sandy beach and soaking up the sun. We enjoyed each other's conversation, reading, sipping margaritas and pina colada's, listening/watching the waves roll in, searching for sea shells, napping, playing in the Caribbean, etc.


The resort had five different restaurants - a little bit of something for everyone. Seafood, pasta, sushi, steaks, Mexican, buffet, burgers, and even 'fancy' stuff like stuffed quail and different duck dishes. We especially enjoyed the snack bar on the beach. Everyday we made sure to get a plate of nachos and french fries, loaded with cheese, guacamole, and pico de gallo. I gained 2 lbs last week.

The resort also had 4 different bars, along with a 'rec room' complete with a few pool tables, ping pong, poker tables, etc. Our favorite bar was the Tiki Bar - located b/w the pool and beach. It was the party spot. We also frequently visited the bar right on the beach, complete with swings in place of bar stools. Not a good combination if you ask me. Adam pretty much stuck to margaritas on the rocks. I drank a variety of stuff - bloody mary's, margaritas, pina coladas, champagne, and bahama mamas. {probably why I didn't feel so hot on a few occasions}

We couldn't have asked for better weather. 80 degrees and sunny every day! The breeze from the ocean helped us stay cool while basking in the sun. The water was a bit on the cool side, but much warmer than the pool! We swam in the ocean every day - the water/beach looked like a post card.


Although we had a wonderful time, we missed our little Harper dearly! We could not wait to get home and see her. We made sure to enjoy ourselves though. I wasn't sure how Harper would respond to us when we came home. I figured she'd be really excited or really hesitant. Sadly, she was hesitant. It took her a good hour to come to me. She recognized my voice and would smile at me, as if she was thinking, "hey - you're my mom!" Then she would run and give me a hug, but would run right back to her Grandma. It made me sad. After a few hours everything was back to normal.


We are already dreaming of our next trip back to Mexico. We would love to go back to the Golden Parnassus with a group of friends. So start saving your pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...